Microsoft released a new cumulative update KB4549951 for the latest Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 Update) and version 1903 (May 2019 update) with both security and non-security fixes and improvements. Installing Windows 10 KB4549951 bumps the build 18362.778 and 18363.778. For your information, Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909 share the same cumulative update KB4549951 because of Windows 10 1909 usages the same core files of Windows 10 1903.
Download Windows 10 KB4549951
Windows 10 KB4549951 is important that download and install automatically via windows update. Only you need to restart your PC to apply the updates. Once done run Winver to check the updated build number Windows 10 build 18362.778. (If you are November 2019 update you will notice the build number 18363.778.)
Also you can manually check for windows updates following the steps below.
- Press Keyboard shortcut Windows + I to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Now hit the Check for updates button, you will see KB4549951 started downloading.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the update.
You can download the updates to install them manually with the links below:
If you’re running version 1909, use these links:
What’s new Windows 10 KB4549951?
The latest update KB4549951 for windows 10 1909 and 1903 fixes bug prevents certain apps from installing, wired network interface fail obtain IP address from DHCP, also there are changes for storing and managing files and improves security for basic operations and Office products.
Addresses an issue that prevented apps from installing if they were using published using a Group Policy Object.
Addresses an issue that prevents a wired network interface from obtaining a new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) IP address on new subnets and virtual LANs (VLAN) after wired 802.1x re-authentication.
Like every Patch Tuesday releases, there are security updates to Windows Fundamentals, Windows Update Stack, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Shell, and other components.
Microsoft is not aware of any known issues, but several users reported PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA when start to download the newest update,
Here the complete changelog for KB4549951 listed Microsoft support site here.
If you encounter any serious issue after install this update you can uninstall the update following steps below.
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows key + i) –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View update history.
- Now click on Uninstall updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4549951) and press the Uninstall button.
Or open command prompt as administrator and run the command wusa /uninstall /kb:KB4549951
What’s new in Windows 10 KB4549949
Also, there are a new Cumulative update KB4549949 (OS Build 17763.1158) available for devices still running Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update. Installing Windows 10 KB4549949 Bumps build number 17763.1158 and fixes an error when printing to a document share, touch keyboard during sign in, date and time settings, and improves app and devices compatibility with Windows updates.
Here the complete changelog:
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Read the complete changelog listed Microsoft support site here.
- You might experience show limited or no internet connection status in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) in the notification area.
- Devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
To download the updates to install them manually with the links below: