Completing quests is a vital aspect of the Destiny 2 gaming world. Without it, players will not the powerful weapons that make the game fun. These weapons are diverse; they include Exotics, armors, and others.
One popular Exotic weapon that most players desire is Polaris Lance: a Solar Scout Rifle that shoots explosive rounds after chaining precision hits. It is an impressive weapon; as a result, it is not easy to earn.
Like many Exotics, the Polaris Lance starts out as a different weapon – the Braytech RWP MK II Scout Rifle. This weapon will then be upgraded to get the Polaris Lance. It follows that to get the Polaris Lance, you will first have to acquire the Braytech RWP MK II, which, in itself, is an awesome weapon.
How do you get the Braytech RWP MK II? Simple! You simply complete a five-part quest known as Nascent Dawn. However, just in keeping with how hard it is to get the Polaris Lance Scout Rifle, this quest is not easy.
In this article, we will guide you through how to complete the Nascent Dawn quest, and ultimately, acquire the Polaris Lance Scout rifle.
How to Go Through the Steps in Nascent Dawn
To proceed to the “Nascent Dawn” quest, you have to first complete the “Data Transfer” quest, which you’ll find after you finish the Warmind DLC campaign.
Once this is done, visit Ana Bray and communicate with her to get started on the “Nascent Dawn” quest. However, this quest will reset every week. So, endeavor to complete each part before it resets so you don’t lose the progress you’ve made.
Also, you will occasionally need the reward you earned from preceding quests to successfully grind through the current one.
What’s more? If you find any of your weapons broken, go to Ana Bray and purchase another from her. Finally, make sure you complete every standard adventure available on Mars. This is because you will eventually need the Heroic Adventure in the game.
Nascent Dawn – Part 1/5
The first part of the Nascent Dawn quest requires you to complete specific tasks and activities on Mars, including three patrol missions and a Lost Sector. After this, you will need to locate a Sleeper Node using an Override Frequency Key.
What are Sleeper Nodes?
Sleeper Nodes are black diamond chests and they can be found in every corner of Mars. The first, and probably the easiest, node you’ll find is in the middle of the Alto Dynamo Approach canyon just beside the rock arch.
- To unlock these items, obtain four Resonance Stems by completing the required tasks. These include engaging in public events, killing VIPs, completing Escalation Protocols, and Lost Sectors, among others.
- When you’ve collected enough Resonance Stems, combine them into an Override Frequency Key; this will unlock a Sleeper Node.
- Then, proceed to your Items menu and go through the Override Frequency Key to determine the node’s location.
After you’ve found this chest, complete this part of the quest by uploading the memory to the server. Then, report to Ana Bray on your progress.
Finally, wait until the next weekly reset. It is only after this happens that you will be able to proceed to the next part.
Nascent Dawn – Part 2/5
The Destiny 2 Nascent Dawn 2/5 has a number of objectives all of which you have to complete. These objectives include the following:
- Make 25 Valkyrie kills – The Valkyrie is a relic spear you can acquire in exchange for Armory Keys during Escalation Protocol. You can also get it for free during Warsat Down Public Events.
- Complete the Heroic Adventure – You can either do this solo or as part of an excellent team.
- Unlock the Sleeper Node in Ma’adim Subterrane or the Glacial Drift Lost Sector.
After you’ve achieved these objectives, upload the memory to the server rack located to Ana Bray’s left side. Thereafter, report to her, and she’ll hand over the Braytech RWP MK II Scout Rifle.
Then, wait for another weekly reset to proceed to the next round.
Nascent Dawn – 3/5
Just like the part above, you will also be required to complete a number of missions to progress through this part of the quest. They are:
- Complete ten levels of Escalation Protocol – It doesn’t matter whether these levels are the same or variations, just make sure you complete ten levels of this protocol. Success in this mission will result in you obtaining the Masterwork version of the Braytech RWP MK II Scout Rifle.
- Complete three Vanguard Strikes – While the exact Strikes do not matter, make sure you choose from the Strike playlist.
- Loot a Sleeper Node in the Olympus Descent region – You can find the Olympus Descent region at the southwestern end of the map around where the first Mars DLC campaign mission spawned you. Search for a ledge in the surroundings, the Sleeper Node should be around there.
Once you complete these objectives, upload the memory and return to Ana Bray. Then wait for the next weekly reset.
Nascent Dawn – Part 4/5
You’d need the Braytech RWP MK II Scout Rifle to complete some of the objectives in this part of the game. If any damage has come to it, purchase a new one from Ana Bray before progressing. The objectives of this part are:
- Get five precision multi-kills with your Braytech RWP MK II Scout Rifle without reloading.
- Get 20 standard kills with your Braytech Rifle. You can do this faster and more easily in the Futurescape Lost Sector.
- Complete the Fury mission on Io – It is a 250 PL mission, which puts it on the same level as the campaign mission you finished for the DLC.
- Loot the Sleeper Node Mindlab: Rasputin – On getting to this location, search for the node on the right side of the door that leads to the Rasputin chamber.
Finally, upload the data in the node to the server rack at the left side of Ana Bray. Communicate with her, collect the Polaris Lance Exotic, and wait for the weekly reset.
Nascent Dawn – Part 5/5
Despite the fact that you have gotten the Polaris Lance Exotic, there is one final thing to do before you are done. This step goes thus:
- Get 15 Javelin multi-kills – You can get this weapon during a Warsat Down public event or through an Escalation Protocol.
- Complete three PvP matches – You do not even have to win the matches, simply participate.
- Complete the “Strange Terrain” mission on Mars.
- Locate a second Sleeper Node in the Alton Dynamo area – Enter through the right door at the end of the hallway; you will find the node in the middle of the server room.
Once you have completed these tasks, collect the last memory, and upload it to the server. Finally, collect the Polaris Lance Catalyst reward.
Benefits of the Polaris Lance
This weapon has several benefits over other Scout Rifles, which is why it is highly sorted after. Some of these benefits are:
- It is capable of inflicting a solid single-target and group clear damage.
- It gets charged and ammo gets restored to its magazine when you chain headshots.
- It fires an explosive round that inflicts solar damage on a small area: you need to make four precision hits for this to work.
As you can see, this weapon is in a class of its own. And by following the steps listed in this article, you will have gained something precious and invaluable.